Sunday, February 1, 2009

Parched with thirst am I and dying


I have a problem with people being 'cute' and 'nice'. It's such a pose, and an annoying pose at that. And I think it's such a lie. People hiding the dark, evil and disgusting parts of themselves from themselves. I don't see how you can deal with it then. Granted, I have gone to excesses in the opposite direction. But in some ways I prefer that because in a way it makes it possible to evolve a bit. The bar is set kind of low, you know?

Another aspect of this is the discussion I had with someone about being 'genuinly good' a while back.

I just find this thing about being naive and cute such an illusory escape from the realities of human nature and of this world. But then again, one could argue that I am doing the exact same thing when I'm only seeing the darkness of the world and it's inhabitants.

No comments: